2,000 & 4,000 lb. cap. with Removable Legs Aluminum A-Frame Gantry Cranes
Our model A2P69 shown in lowest position
Standard Gantry Crane Features:
2,000 lb. cap.
Lightweight structural 6061 T6 aluminum construction
4 Adjustable height positions @ 8 1/2″ totally of 34″
Note: Height adjustment winches not available on this model
Telescoping break down legs (extendable and removable)
Adjustable leg widths
4-position locking polyurethane casters at 90 degrees
Optional Gantry Crane Features:
Optional caster brakes
Optional casters styles (steel wheels, V track, etc.)
Optional custom size I-beam lengths
Optional custom heights upon request
Optional cart assembly available in all models
EC&MW, Inc. earlier on in 2005 saw the need for a truly portable gantry crane. So we took the more traditional A-Frame style gantry and added a new and unique concept: removable/telescoping legs! With our new design it allows it to be broken down further than any other gantry, making it the most portable A-Frame gantry of its time, breaking down in minutes. It is deal for setting/servicing A/C units where the only access is a small staircase or hatchway to the roof. The main frame without the casters extensions weighs only 36 pounds. There is also no need for a full size pickup to haul this one around because it fits easily into mini vans and smaller pickups which is ideal for service/maintenance companies. Transporting this gantry between facilities or to the job could never be easier.
Removable Leg (AP) Models Price List Link: https://www.ecmw.com/gantry-pricing/
Removable Leg (AP) Models Price List Link: https://www.ecmw.com/gantry-pricing/
Note: I-beam, top caps and upright columns not shown in photo.
The above picture shows our gantry crane broken down for easy portability and cleaning if used in the food services industry. Main frame is only 42.5″ high by 45″ wide by 4.625′” deep and weighs only 36 pounds. The 4,000 pound capacity crane base weighs in at 44 pounds.
Above shows our cart assembly.
These gantries were is designed to have all four legs fully extended and secured with hitch and lynch pins before attempting any lifting of any loads.
Overseas shipping is no trouble. We have shipping world wide for 20 years.
Note: Shipping is F.O.B. from Elko, NV 89801
For pricing please contact us by phone 775-778-9112 or fax 866-840-3839 or Sales@ECMW.com
OUR MODEL NUMBERS: A2P69 A2P610 A2P89 A2P810 A2P812 A2P109 A2P1010 A2P1012 A2P129 A2P1210 A2P1212 A2P159 A2P1510 A2P1512 A2P189 * A2P1810 * A2P1812 * A2P209 * A2P2010 * A2P2012 * A4P8104 A4P810 A4P812 A4P10104 A4P1010 A4P1012 A4P12104 A4P1210 A4P1212 A4P15104 A4P1510 A4P1512F A4P18104 ** A4P1810 ** A4P1812 ** A4P20104 ** A4P2010 ** A4P2012 **
View Our Standards
EC&MW cranes are designed in conformance with the following applicable standards (not all are relevant to an individual crane):
General Design Standards:
We meet or exceed general design standards:
- OSHA 1910.179 – OSHA requirements for Overhead and Gantry Cranes
- ANSI B30.17 – Cranes and Monorails (with Underhung Trolley or Bridge)
- ANSI B30.11 – Monorails and Underhung Cranes
- CMAA 74 – Crane standards from Crane Manufacturers Association of America
All EC&MW cranes have a design factor of 15% of the allowable capacity for the weight of the hoist and 25% for impact.
Please note that CMAA 74 references steel design. In the case of our aluminum cranes, the deflection may be greater than CMAA 74 specifies due to the lower modulus of elasticity of aluminum compared to steel.
Aluminum Structure Design Standards:
We meet or exceed aluminum structure design standards:
- Aluminum Design Manual 2010 by The Aluminum Association
- ASTM B221 Aluminum Alloy Extruded Shape and Tube
Steel Structure Design Standards:
We meet or exceed steel structure design standards:
- ASTM A-36 Structural Steel Shapes
- ASTM A-53 Structural Steel Pipes
- ASTM A-500 Structural Steel Tubing
Welding Fabrication Standards:
All welding performed during the fabrication of EC&MW cranes meets the American Welding Society standards:
- AWS D1.2 Structural Aluminum Welding
- AWS D1.1 Structural Steel Welding
- AWS D1.6 Structural Stainless Steel Welding
We meet label design standards:
- ANSI Z535.4 – Safety Labels
- ANSI Z535.6 – Manuals and Instructions
- All aluminum extrusions used in the manufacturing of our aluminum products meets the ASTM International specifications ASTM B308 for 6061T6 Aluminum.
View Our Safety First
We at EC&MW, Inc. and Hospital Rigging Supply, Inc. have always considered “Safety First” as a number one propriety. The purpose of the “Safety First” content is to promote safety through the use of correct operating and maintenance procedures.
Warning! It is your explicit responsibility to consider all risk factors prior to using this or any rigging device or product. To avoid injury, read and fully understand this information before using this product and follow OSHA and ANSI guidelines. Owner must ensure that all users are trained on the use of this or any rigging product. Use by untrained persons is hazardous. Improper use could result in serious injury, death and or property damage. All rigging products will fail if damaged, abused, misused, overused or improperly maintained.
- Never use gantry for lifting or supporting/moving humans or lifting or supporting loads over humans.
- Never lift more than rated capacity (Capacity labeled on I Beam)
- Never use gantry without all hitch & lynch pins and additional hardware secured in place.
- Never makes any adjustments while gantry is in use or under load.
- Never slings loads over top of I beam.
- Never use/roll loaded gantry over any uneven surfaces or on any inclines.
- Never push or pull the gantry with a lift truck or any other vehicle.
- Never leave any load suspended in the air unattended.
- Never work under a suspended load.
- Never allow load to swing or come in contact with any portion of the gantry.
- Never place feet or other objects under bases as extension tubes may pass through the base to the ground.
- Never force or hurry your work or equipment. You and your equipment will do better and safer at the rate for which it was intended.
- Never use any product exhibiting deformities, as defined by OSHA 1910.179. Inspection must be performed by certified personnel. Any unusual wear or deterioration must be immediately replaced or repaired.
- Never store gantry where corrosives chemical or solvents are kept.
- Never position gantry legs where loaded or unloaded gantry can become unstable. (Keep legs adequately apart. At least 50% of beam length or more)
- Never position trolley or hoist assemblies on outside of gantry legs.
- Always inspect gantry prior to each use for missing or damaged parts.
- Always when moving the loaded gantry, push on the gantry not the load.
- Always when moving the loaded gantry, keep load as close to the floor as possible and positioned in the center of the I-beam.
- Always when moving loaded gantry push/pull simultaneously on both gantry legs. Not on the load.
- Always limit your speed to less than 1 1/2 miles per hour when moving gantry crane.
- Always position: I-beam/hoist & trolley directly over center of load before lifting.
- Always stand to one side of I-beam when assembling/disassembling or making any height adjustments.
- Always remove trolley and hoist when assembling or disassembling gantry.
- Always make certain that the load is not attached to the floor and any obstacles that may impede lifting have been removed.
- Always make any adjustments and or repairs in an area where it will have the least interference with the operation.
- Always make certain that all operating and safety instructions for all rigging equipment have been read and fully understood.
- Always make certain all caution/warning labels are in place and legible before each use.
- Always verify that the rated capacity of the gantry is clearly marked on each side of the I-beam before each use.
- Always keep visitors a safe distance from work area.
- Always keep work area clean. Cluttered areas invite accidents.
- Always watch what you are doing. Use common sense.
- Always store gantry in a safe and dry area, which will be free from weather and foreign materials.
- Always check that all I Beam clamps/top cap bolts are torque to: 1/2” 13 thread to 51 ft lb. each or 69 nm (newton meters). 5/8” 11 thread to 108 ft lb. each or 146 nm (newton meters).
Important Additional Safety Instructions “Not Model Specific”
- Warning! Gantry will conduct electricity.
- Never use gantry where power lines or open circuits are present. Also be aware of electrical weather conditions. (lightening)
- Gantries with the letter “C” at the end of the model number: Some instructions may or may not pertain to that particular crane. Call for verification.
- Check air pressures in all tires before making any lifts with gantry. “If Low” Equally inflate to proper pressure(s) before using gantry crane.
- Some models require the use of diagonal leg to beam braces. Never use gantry without braces. Refer to your owners manual for specific instructions.
- The use of some of our gantry crane models have the ability to be used on minimal uneven surfaces. But is still limited to moving crane by hand only.
- Always verify labeling before using gantry crane. Some of our gantry cranes when used improperly can exceed our height to width ratio.
- If your gantry is equipped with crank down jacks. Raising loaded gantry is limited to raising no more than 1″ at one time per jack. Until desired height.
- It shall be the owner’s responsibility to maintain all warnings and instructions and to see that they are intact, as well as legible. Free replacement labels are available upon request.
- When moving loaded gantry observe all wheels are rolling freely. Excessive force should never be used when moving gantry.
- Always replace any missing hardware immediately, with exact Grade, Length, Diameter and “Thread”. Never replace with substandard hardware!
- You must understand these instructions and warnings prior to use. If you, as the owner or user, do not understand English, it is your responsibility to have all the instructions and warnings interpreted into your native language for full and total comprehension.
- All users must understand OSHA regulations, ANSI standards and relevant regulations.
- Destroy gantry if exposed to fire or corrosives chemicals.
The safety instructions put forth above were in effect at the time of publication. However, owing EC&MW, Inc. & Hospital Rigging Supply, Inc. policy of continuous improvement, changes to these instructions may be made at any time without obligation on the part EC&MW, Inc. & Hospital Rigging Supply, Inc.
Due to our large diversity of past and present aluminum gantry crane designs, EC&MW, Inc and Hospital Rigging Supply, Inc. cannot assume that all acceptable safety measures are listed or that other additional measures are not needed under particular or exceptional circumstances or conditions. This information and recommendations contained herein come from sources we believed to be reliable and to represent the best current practice. EC&MW, Inc. & Hospital Rigging Supply, Inc. does not intend this page to be a complete course of instructions on how to use this gantry with complete safety and does not guarantee or represent that the information is absolutely correct or sufficient.