Primary Advantages of Portable Gantries
With rare exception, portable gantry cranes have the potential to play a significant role in a wide range of industries. When it comes to economics and mobility, they are the ideal device for those types of applications. Since their ease of mobility is attributed to their lightweight design and they are capable of lifting a broad range of manufacturing materials, they are ideal for most light-duty handling and lifting applications.
A Choice of Aluminum or Steel
Portable gantries are indispensable when it comes to certain jobs such as moving heavy-duty shipping containers or large slabs of concrete from one location on a project or work site to another. In most cases, portable gantries are either constructed from aluminum or steel. Aluminum models are preferred when a company wants a versatile yet economical gantry. Conversely, companies prefer steel gantries when they are handling extremely heavy loads of materials and money is not the primary concern,
Features and Advantages
Depending on the company and the industry it falls under, portable gantries and cranes are a wise investment. Some are capable of lifting up to 60,000 pounds (27, 215.5 kg). Other desirable features include vertical travel spans of up to 12 feet or more if they are customized. Regardless, the true nature of their versatility is based on their ability to be used indoors and out. It pays to be aware of these features when you start shopping for a portable gantry:
- aluminum models can be broken down and transported by a one person in a company truck or van from one job site to another
- available in a wide ranging of lifting applications and weight capacities
- can be used indoors as well as outdoors
- multiple wheel configurations are available
- some units can be powered by electric motors
Its always wise to research the different portable gantries that are available on the market as there is so much to choose from. The key is to select one that has all the features required to address the needs of your business or trade.
While features must be considered when setting out to purchase one, most models out on the market today have similar advantages including:
- ability to play a significant role in the maneuvering of heavy loads of materials
- highly effective when used on uneven spaces
- one person can disassemble a portable gantry at one location, transport it to another, and re-assemble at its destination
- standard models are designed to lift anywhere from 500 to 10,000 pounds but they can be customized to handle up to 50,000 pounds
- thanks to its mobility and versatility it can be used as an instant workstation
- they are suited for most industries where assemblies, repairs, and other services are required
Remember the above information when its time to start shopping for a portable gantry. It is important that you talk with an expert to know the different varieties of gantries available.